Your personal information is personal, so we always treat it with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, and we will never pass on, sell or swap your information with any other company for their own marketing purposes.
What information do we hold about you?
How do we use your information?
We will use your booking information to keep you informed of the progress of your booking, up to and including sending you a feedback form after your holiday. We may also use text messages to send important information during your holiday.
If you have given us permission, either by signing up to our email list from the website, or by giving consent during your booking, we may send you emails with marketing communications.
Unless otherwise stated, our processing of your personal data, as summarised in this notice, is in pursuit of our legitimate business interests as a holiday provider, committed to providing you with the very best holiday experience.
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this notice. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold your data is 5 years.
Your rights regarding your personal data
If you receive our email based marketing communications, you can choose to opt out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link that appears in every one of our email newsletters. Please note that you may continue to receive our communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
You also have the right to:
• Ask that we correct or update any personal information that is incomplete, inaccurate or out of date.
• Ask that we erase your personal data from our systems.
• Ask that we stop processing your data or restrict processing where we haven’t compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights and freedoms.
• Request access to the personal information we hold about you.
• Object to us profiling your data, where we haven’t compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights and freedoms.
• Request that any data provided by you in the context of actively consenting to some form of processing, be returned to you or transferred to another company in electronic form.
• Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK or the Data Protection Commissioner in Ireland.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please get in touch with us using the link below. Please note that we may ask for proof of identity before providing or updating any personal information we hold about you and if we have a legitimate reason as to why we are unable to fulfil any requests, we will always explain the reasons why.
How to contact us